Thursday 24 September 2009

Exhibitions/ Films/ Books

I am starting this new section of my blog, where I list Exhibitions I've been to, films I've seen and books I've read. This is inspired by my friend Bridget Donlon's blog - with her authorization of course. It is mostly done for myself, so that I can keep track of what's going on in my life.

Last two months:

Exhibitions:
- Damian Ortega: Do It Yourself, ICA, Boston
- Carlos Contente, Galeria Gentil Carioca, Rio de Janeiro
- Dan Graham: Beyond, Whitney Museum, New York
- In and Out of Amsterdam: Travels in Conceptual Art, 1960 – 1976, MOMA, New York
- Compass in Hand: Selections from The Judith Rothschild Foundation Contemporary Drawings Collection, MOMA, New York
- Radical Nature–Art and Architecture for a Changing Planet, Barbican Centre, London
- Susana Mendes Silva, X, Marz Galeria, Lisbon
- Emissores Reunidos, Serralves, Porto
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Fogg Art Museum, Harvard
- Yale University Art Gallery, Yale

Films:
- Julie and Julia, directed by Nora Ephron
- Milk, directed by Gus Van Sant
- Fargo, written and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen,
- The Colour of Paradise, directed by Majid Majidi
- Notes on a Scandal, directed by Richard Eyre
- The Proposal, directed by Anne Fletcher
- He’s just not that into you, directed by Ken Kwapis - on the airplane.
- Rome: Series 1

Books:
- Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
- Leviathan, Paul Auster

1 comment:

vidget said...

i watched 'he's just not that into you' on the airplane too - i think it's the only time watching it is acceptable!