Thursday 10 November 2011

a day in my life

After ten days in the almost African island of Tenerife with installing, art, artists, people, conversations, exchanges, spanish, italian, english, portuguese, standing up, running around, eating like an elephant, volcanos, artists' books, artworks, learning, working hard and finally total exhaustion; I find myself with a huge headache, a stomachache, my intestinal flora gone wild, my neck has gone rock stiff and I just want to sleep for 72 hours straight! Unfortunately life does not permit that for the moment, so I'm back on the road - 1001 meetings in the beautiful city of Madrid for 24 hours. Going directly from the airport to a lunch meeting, I end up having to drag my two trolley bags along... for the whole day! After saying no no no - to many party/dinners and opening invitations, at 10pm I finally head to the hotel, to only discover that there is NO ROOM SERVICE!! (total dissapointment). As things are more than worst in concerns to my digestive system (I think I went to every bathroom I laid my eyes upon today), I leave the hotel in search of a nice soup. I'm thinking chicken broth, Canjinha da Mamae, to be more precise. Well, fat chance of getting any of that. All restaurants have tomato soup, pimientos soup, mushroom cream, asparagus cream... nothing does it and I end up in one of my top 10 lows restaurant-wise - SUSHI ON THE TRAIN!!! Bahhh!!! But they had a list of soups and I have a very nice vegetable soup with noodles, wasn't bad, I survived and Paul Auster and his new Sunset Park where there with me to make loneliness seem less cruel. Actually being alone was exactly what I needed at the moment, no one talking to me and no one to talk to. I came back and the hotel, which is situated in the nice Calle Montera, where all the curvy, raunchy ladies of pleasure await their turn, wins me over in the end: The shower is so powerful that I will have two in my short 12 hour stay!


No comments: