Wednesday 30 March 2011

It's not a diet; it's life.

When I lived in Australia in my high school years as an international student, I put on 10 kilos. From 53kg to 63kg in a wooping 6 months. I ate KFC like a maniac, they had the most amazinh chicken salt fries! I came back home blond, so tanned I was almost orange, all muscled up by the biking I did out there and round like a doughnut!
(I never went back to my 53kg again)


When I lived in Italy for my Erasmus in my University years, I put on 8 kilos. From 56kg to 64kg. I had very low and sad moments, but I also had great times. I ate a crepe con nutella almost everyday, sometimes two a day. It was yummy!
(I never went back to my 56kg again)

I had this saying for myself - If your sad and home-sick: Crepe con Nutella; If your happy and want to celebrate: Crepe con Nutella! So basically food was the answer to all sentiments in life!

I wish I could still think like this, but now I'm a healthy food freak. I eat double the portion of my 5 a day; I gave up on Coca-cola a year and a half ago (my one and only addiction); I have reduced the intake of milk to a minumum; I eat dark chocolate only; and so on and so on...
I do miss eating for the sake of eating ; indulging on a BigMac once a week (yes I like McDonalds); but I know it's for the best and that WE ARE WHAT WE EAT!
(I'm now 62kg and happy most of the time, wouldn't mind loosing a bit, but I guess it's mostly muscle and boobs, apart from the jelly belly)

So yes: Bring on the pomegranate and cabbage juice and all the happy cells that comes with it!

No comments: